Programming is a very demanding task. You need to concentrate, think, and let your creativity out. Thus, you do not want a computer that is not suitable for programming, do you? Everything has to be appropriate. Now, if you want to program on the go, a laptop is a must.
A laptop that is special for programming will cost you more. But this is inevitable. Otherwise, you will have to pay someone to do your programming tasks. There are some companies like AssignmentCore to whom you can say, “Please, do my programming assignment like an expert”. But that will cost you some money too to get your coding homework done online. So, either way, you have to invest some cash.
Now, you must know your choice of a laptop will be determined by the type of programming you do. Hence, the specifications for one developer cannot be the same for a different one. Consider the example of a game developer. In such a case, the laptop must have a great graphical performance. This requirement is not necessary for a web designer/developer.
However, if you are studying programming and need a laptop for your assignments, this article will help you. First, let us begin with some general tips. After that, some more specific tips on hardware will be given.
General Tips to Consider
Before you purchase a new laptop for your programming assignments, consider the following tips:
- First of all, define what you will use your laptop for. Is it for programming only? If you plan on gaming, editing photos, etc., the requirements may change. You need to purchase a laptop that can do all the tasks you want it for. Otherwise, sooner you will need to upgrade your laptop.
- If you are studying programming, then you surely know about the different components of a laptop. If not, you better learn about it. You should know the different functions of each component: processor, RAM, hard disk, etc. This way, you will be able to specify the technical requirements for the laptop you need. And you will be able to compare the different options that you will find on the market.
- Decide what operating system you want. Mac OS is very popular among programming students. However, there are Windows laptops that are very good for coding too. The advantage of Windows laptops is the cost. They are generally cheaper than Apple laptops.
- Whatever laptop you choose to purchase, you must keep it working like a well-oiled machine. Hence, if you notice that the performance is not the same as it used to be, get it serviced. You probably will have to upgrade or replace components. Well, if you want a good laptop for programming, it will cost you some money.
Now, let us see some more specific tips about the components of a laptop for programming. At this stage, you should have your specifications for the characteristics that you need.
Tips about Different Laptop Components
Now, you know what you need, right? Below, you have some tips about what to look for in a laptop for programming.
- Choose a laptop with a large screen. When you are programming, you want to see all your codes clearly. Hence, the screen size is very important. Hence, you are better off buying a laptop with a minimum screen size of 15-inch.
- Another aspect to consider is the resolution of the screen. In most cases, a full HD screen is the best option, especially if you will develop games. A matte screen is better to avoid distracting reflections.
- The processor is a key element too. Ideally, you should buy a quad-core laptop. However, not everyone can afford that type of laptop. Otherwise, an Intel Core i5 processor or similar will do the job for most programming tasks. Opt for Intel Core i7 if you will develop games. However, if you are going to develop web applications only, an Intel Core i3 or similar will be enough.
- Memory is crucial. For most programming tasks you need 8GB of RAM. However, if you will develop games, you should get at least 12GB of RAM. Make sure you can expand it to 16GB in the future. For web development only, 4GB of RAM will suffice.
- The keyboard is also important. You will spend many hours on your laptop. Thus, the keyboard must be comfortable. Choose one that has soft touch. If possible, select a keyboard with a numerical pad.
- Last but not least, consider battery life. Again, you will spend many hours coding. Hence, you want a laptop that can operate long hours without being connected to a power supply.
These tips will help you to do a better purchase depending on the type of programming you do. Good luck with it!